PoolSchools are always looking for new staff to join the team.
If you hold an NPLQ lifeguard qualification / ASA Level 1 or ASA Level 2 Swimming Teachers qualification then please get in touch.
Are you keen to become a swimming teacher or join the team in some way then get in touch to have a chat.//
Contact us on our New Enquiries form HERE
Please see below for specific job opportunities.
Swimming Professional and Swim School Manager – ASA Level 2 qualified
Job Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time
Location: Reigate, Surrey
Salary: £25,000 -30,000
Closing Date: 27th March 2018
PoolSchools, based in West Sussex, is seeking to invest in our future and yours. We’re looking to employ a motivated, enthusiastic swimming professional to teach, mentor, train and manage in Surrey and Sussex. We already employ great swimming teachers. Can you add to our team?
An individual training programme will be designed for the successful applicant including teacher training, coaching and trainer assessor training, plus business management and marketing skills. Does your ambition meet our training programme?
About the Role
Job holder reports to: Operations director, during training period
Reporting to the job holder: No direct reports. Site staff when supervising.
Overall purpose of the role: To develop an overall knowledge of Poolschools management processes and Aqua Quacks swim scheme in order to develop sufficient experience and skills to manage both a site and the staff associated with that site in order to deliver the scheme as anticipated and set out in the PoolSchools franchise agreement and terms of trading
On site you will:
- Assist/deliver lessons and supervise the general conduct of staff and delivery of the daily program.
- Lifeguard if required.
- Supervise; manage the delivery of teaching/quality of lessons.
- Supervise children and respond to customers and parents in regards to enquiries queries and questions.
- Complete such administration as required
- Work with the area manager in the coordination of administration/enquiries and sales.
- You will operate with regard to all health and safety legislation, operational procedures and best practice.
- You will assist with marketing and general office duties
- Contribute to the overall success of Aqua Quacks/PoolSchools.
- Profitability of the site
- Supervise and manage class program on site
- Teaching, assisting and lifeguarding as required in accordance with the needs of the business
- Coordinate communications to customers, staff and venues
- Advertise, interview, recruit and train new staff
- Complete home office administration
- Collate and distributing information as appropriate.
- Manage retail distribution
- Notice boards and signs
- Such projects as delegated.
Other relevant factors
- Early, late and weekend shifts are an expected element of this role. You are required to review your own rota
- Aqua Quacks/Poolschools will add additional sites. Your role and duties will be revised as the business expands
- You will be provided with an iPhone
- If you don’t have a lap top and printer we will provide you with access to one.
You are required to be:
- physically fit and able to undertake teaching and life guarding requirements and complete unsocial shift patterns.
- self-motivated and work unsupervised, maintaining good timekeeping when self supervising.
Alterations in legal status or incidents that affect DBS checks must be communicated within 28 days of the occurrence.
Qualification required or to be obtained:
- Pool plant qualification
- First Aid at Work or NPLQ
- Sports management/business administration qualification
- ASA tutor assessor qualification
The interview process will comprise:
- initial telephone interview
- site meeting and interview
- Teaching 2 trial sessions of 4 hours’ duration.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a statement of up to 100 words as to why you are committed to swimming and teaching via the apply button.
If you live outside the area, please confirm that you can travel or relocate.
Applications received without all of the above elements will not be considered.
Contact email firstname.lastname@example.org